This week we completed the racquetball autonomous challenge. We completely took apart our robot and are in the process of rebuilding the robot for the Tractor Pull Challenge. This challenge requires us to build a robot that is able to pull 700+ pounds from one line to the other. We would like to have this completed by the middle of next week at the latest.
Monday, May 16, 2016
This week we hope to complete the racquetball autonomous challenge, finish the SolidWorks component for this challenge, and start the next challenge. Since we have been having some balance issues, we decided to place a metal part on the back to prevent the robot from falling backwards when the claws lifts up. We hope this will act as a weight keeping the robot balanced while still functioning correctly.
Friday, May 13, 2016
This week, we completed the racquetball challenge and are now working on the code for the racquetball autonomous challenge. We successfully picked up three balls and placed them in the tube. Now, we have to autonomously place one ball in the tube in a minute or less. Also, we have completed the SolidWorks version with the basket.
Monday, May 9, 2016
Today we are continuing our work on rebuilding the arm for the racquetball challenge. Our goals this week include to have the arm finished today, complete the challenge tomorrow and complete the autonomous version of this challenge by Friday.
Friday, May 6, 2016
We are currently working on building the arm and "ball holder" for the racquetball challenge. Even though, we have not finished building the arm, we still should be able to complete the challenge on Monday. We will be back on track next week as this was the last super-testing week.
Monday, May 2, 2016
Today we completed the autonomous tetrahedron challenge and are now beginning the next challenge: racquetball challenge. This week we have to build a ball holder on the arm to pick up the ball and place it in a tube. We hope to have the arm built by Friday and ready to complete the challenge on Monday.
Friday, April 29, 2016
This week we have been working on completing the autonomous challenge. Unfortunately, we had some setbacks, including this not being a full week of school, we have not had much time and the code would not save so we had have to restart each day. Also, the gear became loose and we had to replace it. The robot is now following commands and is at top speed again. Our goal is to complete this challenge today and still obtain a passing score.